11th July 2017
Sir Alexander Fleming room 120
Buffet lunch from 12:30 followed by AGM at 13:00
Guest speaker Christine Haswell
(UCU National Pension Official)
What’s next for your pension?
Christine will explain the choices facing staff following
the recent changes in the USS pensions scheme and will discuss
the importance its ongoing revaluation
The Imperial College UCU Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 7th July 2016 at 12.30pm in the Read Lecture Theatre, 5th Floor, Sherfield Building, South Kensington. This will be immediately followed at 1:00pm by the Imperial College Joint Trade Unions (JTU) Pay Meeting.
At the AGM we will be electing committee members and branch officers. The committee has been very active this year and is keen to recruit new members. If you wish to stand for election to the local committee at any level, please contact us as soon as possible.
The JTU negotiators have been engaged in discussions with management over the 2016 pay claim for all Imperial College employees. We will be presenting an update on these negotiations at the 2016 Pay Meeting immediately following the AGM.
Four of us from the UCU, Linda Newman, Saira Weiner, Dave Muritu and Roddy Slorach, spent Saturday 7th May at the refugee camp near Calais. Our guide for the day was Sara Tomlinson of Lambeth National Union of Teachers and Stand Up To Racism, who has been co-ordinating teaching work at the camp with for several months.
Read more →
Come and meet your UCU representatives, discuss local issues and discover what your Union is doing for all staff at Imperial College. We will be talking to members, and potential members, on Tuesday 24th May 2016, 12:00pm – 2:00pm outside the SCR on the 2nd floor, Sherfield Building.
Come along and find out more about us and the reasons why it makes sense for you to join UCU you including:
- UCU negotiates your pay directly with College – more members = greater influence
- UCU represents staff on Health and Safety, Equality & Diversity Committees. Join us and have your say
- UCU meets with Senior College management representing your interests
- UCU can provide advice and support on a range of issues: bullying, harassment, redundancy etc
- UCU membership is tax deductible and postdocs can join at reduced rates. For subscriptions see: ucu.org.uk/subscriptions
- As a UCU member you will have the power to influence and improve the terms and conditions of your employment and working environment
Contact us for an informal discussion or apply online.
See here for the UCU 6 reasons flyer.
If you are already a member then please encourage your colleagues to join UCU.