UCU Annual General Meeting
3rd July 2018 in Lecture Theatre 201, Skempton Building, South Kensington
12:00 – Buffet lunch
12:30 – AGM
- Election of Branch Officers
- Elections of members to the local committee
- Discussion – the new proposed salary structures, in particular for the Academic and Related (AR) salary scale
NB The local committee is keen to recruit new members. If you wish to stand for election to the local committee at any level, please contact the IC UCU Local President at email@example.com as soon as possible.
13:15 – Joint Trade Union meeting
- We will be joined by members of Unite and UNISON JTU meeting to discuss the response to College management regarding our pay claim and their pay offer for 2018
Papers will be available at the meeting
11th July 2017
Sir Alexander Fleming room 120
Buffet lunch from 12:30 followed by AGM at 13:00
Guest speaker Christine Haswell
(UCU National Pension Official)
What’s next for your pension?
Christine will explain the choices facing staff following
the recent changes in the USS pensions scheme and will discuss
the importance its ongoing revaluation
Four of us from the UCU, Linda Newman, Saira Weiner, Dave Muritu and Roddy Slorach, spent Saturday 7th May at the refugee camp near Calais. Our guide for the day was Sara Tomlinson of Lambeth National Union of Teachers and Stand Up To Racism, who has been co-ordinating teaching work at the camp with for several months.
Read more →
Come and meet your UCU representatives, discuss local issues and discover what your Union is doing for all staff at Imperial College. We will be talking to members, and potential members, on Tuesday 24th May 2016, 12:00pm – 2:00pm outside the SCR on the 2nd floor, Sherfield Building.
Come along and find out more about us and the reasons why it makes sense for you to join UCU you including:
- UCU negotiates your pay directly with College – more members = greater influence
- UCU represents staff on Health and Safety, Equality & Diversity Committees. Join us and have your say
- UCU meets with Senior College management representing your interests
- UCU can provide advice and support on a range of issues: bullying, harassment, redundancy etc
- UCU membership is tax deductible and postdocs can join at reduced rates. For subscriptions see: ucu.org.uk/subscriptions
- As a UCU member you will have the power to influence and improve the terms and conditions of your employment and working environment
Contact us for an informal discussion or apply online.
See here for the UCU 6 reasons flyer.
If you are already a member then please encourage your colleagues to join UCU.